Thanks Jonny. I think this is helping me.
Sunday, December 28, 2008
I finished this painting for a friend. Its of his wife's family as they prepare to leave the Thai refugee camp they were in to immigrate to America(California). Keven's wife was the baby in this picture being held by her mother. Her grandfather on the right was a governor of their tribe.This family was from the Lao and Mein Tribes which supported the Royal Lao Government and which the father holding the sign in the painting was a general. They were also supported by secret American involvement.
After the Indochina war in the mid-50's Laos gained its independence from France. Which was followed by a subversive militant Communist uprising that drew the country into an agonizing civil war. Every Tribe was somehow effected by the war, or involved in the war, during the 1960's. Especially when the elements of war arrived on their door step, leaving them no other option but to flee, suffer, die or resist.
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Jason just showed me these videos tonight. Sharing is caring. I'm totaling using half of his studio right now and he's being so cool about it. Yeah Jason!
Rejected is a super sweet movie, the last animation is Amazing!
Liam linch is David Linch's son acompanied by Dan Deacon
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Tonight @ Hatch Gallery
One night only - Santa's Workshop!
A selection of the artists in the PREVIEW 09 show will be on hand to create whatever your heart desires for only $20.
and enjoy a not-so-sneak preview of the PREVIEW 09 show at Hatch Gallery.
Hatch Gallery proudly presents 13 artists of various mediums, who comprise half of the artists to be shown in the 2009 season. While PREVIEW 09 will illustrate the variety of work that young - and as the months pass the shows will develop, as the seasons do (as we do), growing through various mediums, ideas and technologies towards the final somber end in . Our hope is that through implementing this seasonal schedule, the exhibitions will have a greater ability to dialogue with the audience throughout the course of the year –will be showing this year, it is also serving as the foundation step towards building a cohesive, albeit seasonal, trajectory of art shows at Hatch Gallery. Starting with Spring and ending with Winter, the ideas and art at Hatch will follow a lifecycle beginning in February with a show that feels
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
My sources tell me that Mr. Houston, a good friend, just made an art sale to Julian Schnabel over at Art Basel Miami! Congratulations Zack! Keep an eye out for Zack, if you see him buy a poem, Julian did. Or you can say Nate sent you and steal one. Zack is Cranestyle's Kook artist/poet of the month.
- Get really drunk with your bros and/or ladyz.
- Grab any fashion magazine.
- Draw dicks on as many unsuspecting models as you can.
- Finding new and creative ways to illustrate dicks on people makes this game even more fun.
- Laugh your ass off with your friends.
- Learn How to Dance at a Rave
- Waiting for clearer skys
- Chess Club Playerz Club 2
- Now way, not now, not ever!
- One night only - Santa's Workshop!
- critical lass
- Art News Feed: Zack Houston
- Games of the Past: faces of dick
- It's been a little gloomy lately
- Chess Club Playerz Club
- Smoke Cat!!!
- the last winter of our discontent
- V G Kids is gone bye bye.
- I've got to get to Mexico City, I've only made it ...
- Cat People, prisoner chistmas, playboy man baby, a...
- Nat Russell makes epic sweetness.
- I wish it was sunnier...
- Another oldie but goodie
- RAT TARD BOOM Chris Pew curated a show with Alika...
- Animals I'd like to meet
- Ferrari: Sweet Stylings
- Fort Gallery
- jonny 1 time return benefit
- Mural I did back in 2005
- Ford F350
- I love these old car cut-aways!
- My Holloween costume
- Welcome to my new Blog!
- ▼ December (31)